Warmth Heart Congee Chicken Recipe
If you feel a bit overwhelmed with a lot of things happening lately or not feeling quite well. Hope this dish can lift you up and comfort you and help you feel better. :)
Congee is comfort food that is gentle on the digestive system.
It is also often recommended for people who are recovering from an illness or suffering from an upset stomach.
- cooked white rice
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 boneless, chicken breast thigh (about 8 oz), cut into small pieces
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts separated), Carrots , Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: sliced fresh ginger, chopped green onions, pouch egg, fried garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil
- In a large pot , bring the chicken stock to a boil over high heat.
- Add the rice, chicken pieces, sliced ginger, minced garlic, and white parts of the green onions to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Cook the congee, stirring occasionally, for 30 mins , or until the rice has broken down and the mixture is thick and creamy. ( whisking a bit will help it thick quicker :)
- Stir in the soy sauce and season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Optional to poach egg before serve
- Serve the congee hot, garnished with the green parts of the green onions and any other toppings you like.
Please adjust the recipe to your liking, used up the leftover rice & veggies in the fridge.
Much love - Nen & Store Eco Friendly